Thursday, July 25, 2013

Camping Weekend

Our first camping trip of the summer has already come and gone and it was so fun! I hope we can go at least once more this summer/fall. It started with the River Falls Days Parade and from there my parents, the girls and I headed the half hour to St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park. Chris was of course working since it was a weekend so he didn't get to join us this time. campfire, breakfast, playground, scavenger hunt, new pal :)
walking to the parade!

watching the parade!

Tummy time! Shes gonna crawl soon :)
My parents had gone to camp earlier in the day so their tent was all set up and ready for us. Yup we had a big slumber party with my parents in their tent. I'm not brave enough to sleep in a tent alone in the wild with these two little girls yet. We got there pretty late but still sat by the fire briefly and enjoyed a smore. We all slept surprisingly well I think! We did wake up MUCH earlier than we usually do thanks to the rain...it stormed on and off from about 3am until 9am. We were pretty much up for the day at 630 (normally we get up at 8. I know we are spoiled.) We read some books, colored and did lacing cards until the rain stopped and we could go have some breakfast :) Here are a few pictures from our mini campout...we just stayed one night and then a FULL day. We headed home after our delicious hobo suppers at about 8. The day was full of fun...

a lil baseball with Papa

late breakfast of pancakes, bacon and fruit with second cousins...

Harper was very tired and confused when she woke up in the tent...she fell asleep in the car on the way there from the parade and didn't really wake up until morning. I transferred her from the carseat to the sleeping with me where I fed her but she never really woke up until about 7am...

back to sleep in the afternoon for an hour or so I think :)

My scavenger hunt was a success! I think it took us about an hour to do a less than a mile hike/walk since we were so busy looking for nature treasures :) They all got bubbles once we were done.

I brought a LOT of other camping crafts/activities but we only got to this one and beading which was fine. The kids played very well together and had so much fun playing on the playground that was right by our sites. We had quite the group camping...it was my 2 sets of aunts and uncles on my dads side, two of their grandkids and my 4 cousins (2 who have kids) . Confusing but you get the idea that there were a lot of us!
 More pics to come :)

No comments: