Monday, July 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home


After my workout on the elliptical (which I really love to do when I can) and our free breakfast (which I of course took advantage of the big waffles) we hit the pool. As you can see below Linnea was nervous about mama letting go even tho she had her jumper on...


but then she did it! I let go kind of without her knowing and all of a sudden she was "swimming" alone!


I was one proud mama

a
nd Chris was one proud daddy and lil sis is always in awe of her big sister. But most importantly Linnea was proud of herself :)


We found a rest stop on the way home around the Dells that had a small playground and a nice place to play with bubbles and balls. Linnea was having a blast until she wiped out and cut her knee...but as all kids do she survived :)


After playing some games on the tablet, listening to some stories and coloring and fighting to stay awake even after a whole dremmamine pill she finally passed out in the car for a good chunk of time. Pretty sure Harper was also sleeping, which meant we could listen to whatever we wanted to in the car and I wasn't having to turn around constantly to help our good lil travelers :)


We knew there were storms at home while we were away...but we werent sure we lost power or not. Well....turns out we did. For 12 hours! So our fridge ended up looking like this because according to the FDA any food in the fridge during a power outage longer than I think 4 hours needs to be tossed so we basically lost all our food, which wasnt much but there was definitely some good stuff in there that we lost :( Our freezer stuff was fine, Im just worried about my frozen breast milk...


We had a wonderful and unforgettable trip. I wish we lived closer to Mego, Julio and their families.


No comments: