Monday, September 2, 2013

Woodury Days Half Marathon, rides and swimming with Family

I did my second half marathon since Harper was born 2 weeks ago in some EXTREMELY hot weather! The "race" was actually shortened in half due to the heat but I felt okay so I kept running and still did about 13 miles. I saw many other participants keep going as well...they must have been using it as a training run as well :) This half was the Woodbury Half Marathon which is part of Woodbury Days. I had done this one before and remembered it being pretty hilly but fun too because it went through parts of Woodbury I didn't know existed. So I was disappointed not only that it was shortened but also that the "pacers" weren't sure where they were going the whole time and that I didn't know it was shortened until about a half mile in when I heard it from another runner and noticed the pacers signs saying 9 min mile to finish in 1 hour 3 minutes. Oh well. My parents were still there to cheer me on at the end and then Chris came with girls around 10 so Linnea could do her lil race. I have some more pictures of her but of course need to get them on the computer first! I do have one of Linnea before her race and one of me after running the 7 miles before I went off and ran 5-6 more and Harper cheering with her milk :)






After the running events were completed we headed to Woodbury Days to put up with the heat for a few rides and some food. After about an hour we went to my parents to play in their little pool and eventually meet up with the siblings at a beach. 






We had hoped to go to the Woodbury Days Parade but no one wanted to sit and watch a parade in nearly 100degree weather. TOO HOT!



Our day at the beach, playing in gma and papas yard and cool basement and having a cookout was much more enjoyable!

No comments: