Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wreck it Ralph, Corn, Bedtime Fun and a LONG run for mama and other odds and ends!

Soooo I'm waaay behind again! This working and trying to keep up with life and this blog is tough! So here is a modge podge of events again for you!

We went to one last outdoor movie at the beginning of September...Wreck it Ralph was playing at Ojibway Park in Woodbury and daddy got to join us this time! It was a great night for it and a fun way to end the girls' and I's first week back to work/preschool/daycare. Harper did not make it through this one which was fine because as you can see she was VERY tired! We liked it though and Chris wants to own it. I think Linnea will like it more a second time around when she can hear it a bit better.



Linnea helped my dad and I pick a TON of sweet corn for us and friends. I think this was the only time we had it this summer from dads work and it was delicious! It was also fun to see Linnea in the corn fields. It was pretty hot again though so we picked quickly and headed home for icees!




Daddy and the girls have so much fun with stories at bedtime!

pic to come...

I ran the City of Lakes 25K which is about 15.5 miles for a training run for the Mankato Marathon which is coming up October 20th. It was great to run so long with other people and around Lake Harriet and Lake Calhoun in Mpls.  I also did about 15.5 the weekend before and it was terribly hard alone and in the heat so I am happy I decided to sign up for this. The weather was perfect too and daddy and Harper came to watch me finish. Linnea headed to Sunday School with my parents since it was the first day back and she has really been looking forward to it.




After the run, lunch and a shower I headed to Woodbury to pick up Linnea and see GG. I watched some of the Vikings game with Chris and pizza before heading out too.

pics to come!

Here is Harper and Susana, our sweet neighbor friend and caregiver/nanny.

pic to come...

Here is our almost one year old sampling some pumpkin cake or maybe mostly frosting at the last Groovin in the Garden. She was so proud of herself for crawling over to the cake pan and pretty much diving in. I was proud of myself for biking the girls to the concert in the Burley by myself! I love that thing!



so proud of getting that cake!

ready to ride!
We have a soccer player! I signed Linnea up last minute for soccer and she got on a team!  It's a total of 6 Saturday mornings for an hour and it was only $30. It's a little chaotic and I don't really think she totally gets it especially considering she touched the ball with her hands quite a bit the first week to get the ball in just the right spot for kicking but she does have fun and looks so cute in her little shin pads and huge red t-shirt uniform. We know a few other kids doing it but unfortunately they aren't on the same team. But we do play some friends this Saturday :)




Number 7 on a water break :)
Morning and bedtime snuggles and smiles :)


(morning pic coming soon!)

Linnea is also in ballet on Friday afternoons. I thought since I had it off and she has been into ballet again I figured we may as well :) This class seems like it may be a bit more serious than the other ones she was in but I think we will like it. It is still just through parks and rec and a nice park by our house. We will go after our favorite storytime and puppet show at the library which is also fairly close :)

Ballet pic soon too:)

Sorry this post is missing pics but now you some of what we have been up to :)

No comments: