Monday, November 3, 2014

NAMI Walk

My family and I think society in general is becoming more and more aware of Mental Illness and we decided to do a walk in support of it through an organization called NAMI, which strives to lose the stigma of Mental Illness and raise peoples awareness of it and increase their comfort in talking about it. It was a beautiful day at Minnehaha Falls. 

We played at the park, looked at the waterfall and went on a 3 mile walk. 









 The girls and I were so hot so we treated ourselves to some Fro Yo afterwards :) I had also already run 11 miles in training for my upcoming marathon so I really felt I deserved it! (which is done now, so stay tuned for that post) 
I am so behind!


Linnea and I went to a garage sale down the road from us and found her some long sleeved shirts, pants and these high shoes she is wearing while singing/dancing to Let it Go...we havent let Frozen go and when you see our Halloween costumes it will be confirmed again that we still LOVE it!





1 comment:

mack said...

working in the mental health Profession i can also say that this is not a black and White issue -- way to get your nose in there and start to break down some barriers!