Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Neverbeast, "Tennis", Donuts and a Date :)


I wanted to share some of Linnea and Harper's photos that I found on my phone. The one above was for sure taken by Linnea and the two below also by Linnea. Not sure of the other ones :)






Some nights I find lil boots here by the door all ready to go...


We had an impromptu movie and pizza night with the other lil Linnea in our neighborhood. The girls and I were walking home from Sabina's and Linnea was outside and more or less invited herself over. We thought since we were just making tortilla pizzas and watching the new Tink why not have her come over :)


It wasn't our fav Tink but it was still good :)


And each gal got some pudding near the end for their lil treat :)


Saturday afternoon I brought Linnea to a pretty awesome free inner city tennis program. Linnea was pretty nervous since we werent sure other kids she knew would be there and she was worried she wouldnt be very good at tennis since she had never done it before. Turns out it wasnt tennis at all quite yet but rather a bunch of different stations teaching the kids different skills. It is an awesome program and our neighbor Linnea ended up going so it all worked out.


We stopped at Glam Doll Donuts for some yummy well donuts of course! I had heard wonderful things about this shop and I have to admit I like the apple fritters from gas stations more BUT the girls filled donuts and the glazed were fantastic! There are a LOT of flavors (even a bacon one) and I am sure there are different kinds every time. The atmosphere is very vintage and retro. I love that it is a locally run unique place. We will go back! 





When we got home my parents arrived shortly after to babysit the girls while Chris and I went on our March date :) 


We were hoping bowl at Bryant Lake Bowl but the wait was about 2 hours to bowl and we werent hungry for anything on the menu so we decided to walk down to Lynlake brewery and try some new beers again for our date. I feel like maybe our resolution should be to do a new brewery every month...we have only missed January so maybe we will just do two one month to make up for it :)


It was very interesting how we got our food...they actually didn't have food at the brewery but instead had delivery menus from neighboring restaurants. We chose to order from taco cat and our food was delivered to our table by a man who clearly had biked to us since he was in a bike helmet :) It was delicious and so was the beer!



When we were done we checked back at Bryant Lake Bowl and it was still going to be a while to bowl so we decided to cancel our spot and come back another time with friends. 


We weren't quite ready to head home since my parents had just started bedtime and one of my fav things about date night (besides spending alone time with Chris) is not having to put the girls to bed. I love reading to them and snuggling but it's nice to have a night off every now and then too :) So I googled happy hours in the area and found this one called Bad Waitress. It was just down the road from Glam Doll where I had been earlier in the day so that was kinda funny to be in the same neighborhood twice in the same day. There are tons of places to go on "Eat Street"/Nicollet Ave and we will be back to try more!


At Bad Waitress you fill out your own"check" and there are kind of superheroish cards on the tables for the waitress to deliver your order to you. We just had 2 for the price 1 wine (which happened to be box but good boxed), coffee and a shake :) the menu you looked yummy so we may be back again. 


All in all a GREAT date even though we didn't end up anywhere we thought we would! 
The girls enjoyed their time with grandma and papa too :)

No comments: