Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day was a holiday full of love for us and of course lasted a few days :)
The girls helped me make some goodies for my class and for us. 


Easy and quick treat and one that can be made for many holidays...just switch the m&m color :)

 I found lots of fun Valentine's on pinterest for Linnea to choose from to make for her class and she decided on the love bug ones :) We found some cute bug erasers on Amazon for like $6 and I had the background paper and we just printed off the jars. 


My lil loves all ready for their Valentine's Day parties at school and daycare :)


We babysat for our friends the night before Valentine's Day so they could go on a date and then they babysat for us on Valentine's Day for our date :) We love our neighborhood! Chris was a trooper this evening since I developed a sore throat at work so went to Target Minute Clinic and was diagnosed with strep :( SO I steered clear of everyone when I got home. Linnea was in the clear since she was on medicine for it already. Somehow no one else in the family got it and our lil friends were okay too. Chris made them heart shaped pancakes, they played, made Valentines and watched WordWorld My Fuzzy Valentine. 



Gifts for the girls :) Linnea thought the Elf came back and brought these :) I assured her he only comes at Christmas but maybe cupid had left some candy :) 

Heart hair and heart waffles. 


 We gave the girls some new cups...Bubble Guppies for Harper and Three Princesses for Linnea. They also got a wooden mirror to decorate and it had a Frozen coloring/activity book connected to it. Chris and I gave each other some new fun t-shirts. He gave me a Rockford Peaches shirt from A League of their Own and I gave Chris a fantasy baseball shirt :) Fancy I know.


We double dated with a friend of mine from high school and her hubby. We dont get together with them nearly enough! We tried a number of times in the summer but it only worked out a few times since they had a new baby! SO it was fun to catch up and have some new beer! We used our livingsocial from Erik and Lisa and had a great time!


 Valentine's Day kept going on Sunday at my parents house after church. 


My brothers and I always remember mom making lasagna and filling up mugs with Vday candy and that is what she did for us this year too :)


 I also made two cakes...a square and circle, cut the circle on in half and then put them together to make a heart and let the kiddoes decorate it :)


Chris headed home after the fun but the girls and I went to Como thinking there was free music...well I was wrong. They were having a fancy Valentines Day dinner but we were allowed to walk through the "jungle" quick. We did that and it was fun but weird to be in there alone and it was sooo quiet. We then browsed in the gift shop for a bit.



No comments: