Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Switching Vacation Homes and Marathon Prep!

It didn't seem possible that we were already leaving our "home" to head to an on Disney site hotel/resort. We needed to be on a Disney site to make things much easier for my marathon adventure. Here was our storytime village where we stayed the first 6 nights of our trip:












We enjoyed our time there but were looking forward switching it up too :) There we some random disappointments with the place but overrall we were pleased and it was super affordable!

Now onto Marathon excitement! The adventure began at the Expo where I picked up my packet and shirt, the family made some cheer signs and we took some fun photo booth pictures among others ;) I'll have to try to find the photo booth pictures online somehow.









After the Expo we grabbed a bite to eat at McDonald's before heading to our hotel. We were hoping to stay at All Star Movies but there was a mix-up or confusion or something but All Star Movies couldn't find my parents reservation. Thank goodness my dad called earlier in the week and there were connecting rooms at Pop Century so that's where we stayed for our final two nights. And it was great!!!




My parents and the girls took advantage of the pool first while Chris and I returned the rental car so we could just rely on Disney shuttles and not worry about driving in the marathon busyness and deal with parking. 







view from our room!
Once we got back we had to decide how to get me some carbs for the big run the next day! 
So off to Downtown Disney we went!

There was still Christmas stuff up in downtown too :)

 Pretty girls on the carousel!


Meyers gals :)

We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express and it was delicious! The girls rode the carousel while waiting for our table. We shopped a little afterwards but were so tired so we went back to the hotel pretty quickly. I of course ended up sitting by an older man clearly from New York and he was very curious about marathons. Wondering why anyone would want to run them. And pay to do it no less! He had quite the accent!


When we got back we enjoyed the free birthday cakes we had forgot to eat from Disney World so we date those, I continued to drink water and made my shirt for my 10th marathon the next day which was literally a few hours away...I had to get up at 3:15am to get on the 4am shuttle!



 This is what I'd be wearing for 26.2 miles!
Front of my Elsa outfit! For a long time I was going to be Anna, it switched briefly to Olaf but ended strong with Elsa. There were a LOT of costumed runners but not actually as many Elsas as I thought there'd be.


No comments: