Saturday, June 27, 2009

6 Months

Well, I turned half a year old last Sunday! Can you believe it?? I have been in this world for 6 months! I sure have enjoyed myself! I weigh 15.5 lbs, am 25 inches long and we can't remember what the size of my head is. We also forgot to find what percentile all of this is. But it must be fine or the doctor would have said something. That doctor sure is nice, but the nurse who had to poke me 3 times I could do without! She was nice before and after the poking though. Thank goodness for infant tylenol is all we have to say!

Here are some things I have done and accomplished:

As you can see above, I have two bottom teeth...the dr said they came a lil early but that's okay!

I have tried a variety of foods along with my mommy's milk which I still have...despite the struggles we had at first. Here are the foods I have tried:
rice cereal
oatmeal
oatmeal with bananas, peaches and strawberries
squash
sweet potatoes
farmers market veggies
veggies and pasta
carrots
pears
applesauce
peas...wasnt to crazy about those yet
some sort of green veggies concoction that I could not get down! Lots of gagging was involved.
I am excited to be trying more and more foods!
I also get apple prune juice mixed in with my cereal so its easier to go to the bathroom.
And I am very happy I can have water now on these hot days!

Here are some things I can do:
smile
giggle
coo
babble
roll from my back to tummy...still working on tummy to back...its very hard!
I am very close to sitting on my own
I grab/reach for things I want
I put a spoon in my mouth and all over my face
I pass things from one hand to the next
I sometimes reach for people I know
I sleep in my crib at bedtime and sometimes at naptime
I play in an exersaucer
I hang out in the jumperoo...still working on jumping
I keep switching my sleep schedule but at least I am sleeping for at least 6 hours straight if not 8 or 9! And for the last month I only needed to eat in the middle of the night twice because mom said I was having a growth spurt. Usually I wake up because I lose that binkie (pacifier) I love so much!

Here are some highlights of things I have done:
An overnight trip in a cabin aroudn 2 months
celebrated many first holidays
went to a parade
gone on many stroller rides outside and at the MOA
found a great daycare
roadtrips to Red Wing and Ellsworth
hung out with Daddy for 4 days while mommy went to New Orleans for her other "daughters" graduation from High School
slept over at grandma and grandpa Henjums
I have an upcoming trip to Colorado!

Thank you to everyone for making my life so great so far!
We decided to have me try to sit by my elephant this time!

No comments: