Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lakes and Haircuts!

On Wednesday Linnea and I went to visit Andersen Elementary School where I used to work and had a blast seeingthe 1st graders soon to be 2nd graders. They were all so much bigger and smarter than when I was with them as little kindergardners! But the cool thing was they remembered me and they also remembered Linnea. And they wanted to hold her and give her all their toys and favorite books. So sweet. I miss Andersen and working with kids. I also love being a stay at a home mom...oh such a hard decision for what to do come fall.
After we visited Andersen we went for a beautiful walk around Lake Calhoun. I just love Uptown and the lakes! Linnea did too. She ate her lunch happily in the stroller and pointed at all the dogs and airplanes. We found a park to play at as well.
We also found a spectacular playground, beach, picnicing, walking area today! I didn't have the camera but boy did we have a blast! The park was just right for toddlers and Linnea loved wading in the water! She went all the way up to her waist! Next we are bringing our suits to Tony Schmidt Regional Park by Lake Johanna!
Along with playing in the water and at parks and dealing with molars coming in (which means shorter naps and some crabbiness), daddy let mommy find time to head to JCP to get a new haircut! It has been since November! I think I like it...but we will see how I do styling it on my own tomorrow! Hopefully Linnea recognizes me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your haircut! I think Barb should get a similiar one... she did!
GP Keith