Sunday, May 16, 2010


Linnea has a cute new chair which can also be used as a step stool when she is taller/older. Iot came from my grandma's house so that's kind of fun and memorable!

So in my last post I mentioned something about having more time for just Chris and I, and guess what? It already happened! We shipped Linnea off to the grandparents last night and dinner time, only this time it wasn't for wine tasting and massages, it was so we could do some organizing and rearranging of the house. Sometimes it's just so hard to do things like that with a toddler around...and sometimes it's just hard to get ready for the day or go to the bathroom too! So thanks mom and dad for another break and the time to get some stuff done! They also took her overnight so that we could run a race in the morning and get there on time. However, Chris ended up getting a hurt foot so just I went. I didnt take any pictures though but my dad did, so I will post them soon! It was a great 10k at Carpenter Nature Center! more details to come...in the meantime here are some pics and details of what we did last night while we had some free time:
'
We tried to find homes for some of the items I found at the many garage sales Linnea and I hit with my mom. Woodbury hosted their huge Lions Club Garage Sale weekend. Im not kidding when I say huge. There are signs on almost every corner and it is kind of overwhelming and hard to decide where to go, but I just love it anyways! I will gladly admit I have garage sale fever and have a hard time controlling the car from either driving by if not stopping at every one I see. I know it drives Chris nuts, but it also allows him to have a new bedstand, a big pink tub for Linnea's stuffed animals, a kitchen set for our lil peanut and a variety of other things.
And since I found Chris a new bedstand, Linnea now has a bookshelf in her playroom instead of a mattress on the floor. Yes, for a long time we have had a mattress on the floor. We had it there for when I babysat my nephews for naptime and then we had it there for when friends spent the night and then we had it for Linnea to play on but we decided it needed to go back up to the office and we needed to work on making Linnea's playroom an actual playroom with cool kid stuff! So here is a start...
This white bookshelf you see above has been with me since college! Chris was using it by our bed, it will be much better in Linnea's playroom. The room has a ways to go yet but we at least got a start. We also went to my grandma's old house and picked up some boxes of things I am taking and we brought some of her old books to Half Price Books. We also took a book shelf home. I had the matching one so now we have at least one matching thing in our room and we don't have piles of books on the floor. They have a home on a bookshelf now! And Linnea's armoire is back in her room. It has been in our room since her carpet was installed before Christmas! Hooray! It may not sound like a lot got done but it sure felt like it and our house looks at least a lil less cluttered!

This week we had a few falls and one visible wound. Linnea is getting more and more confident with her walking so she tries to go faster or squeeze through places that she really can't fit...well one time she somehow fell onto her play drum face first with her binkie in her mouth and when I picked her up as she screaming, not breathing and then screaming again (this girl does not mess around when she is hurt or has just simply fell) I saw her lip getting puffy and a little scratch showing up. She of course got over it as all toddlers do and continued totting about.
She is trying to jump and stomp as well. It's quite cute and she does it on command!

And we also thought yogurt would make fantastic shampoo. I don't think I need to write anymore about that other than she literally picked up the container and before I could grab it she dumped it on her head. She had a before nap bath that day!It's always an adventure being a stay at home mom, or any kind of mom for that matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to think I almost threw that chair out... It was a blast having Linnea overnight and then taking her to watch you run and we all enjoyed the nature center.
Sorry about her crashes and injury. It happens.
Love, Grandpa Keith