Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Go TCM Runners!

Here we are! The cheering crowd at mile 24 of the Twin Cities Marathon on Summit at Mack's dad's house. From my experience of running 26.2 miles, mile 24 is a great spot to have fans! I was able to see two of the people I was hoping to cheer for and we also saw the gal Mack was looking for! yay! mission accomplished! I was hoping to see some of my 10 miler friends run by but we did not get there in time :(

It is hard to tell but below, is the first marathoner on foot we saw! I didn't get the wheelers but we saw those speedsters too. It will always amaze me how effortless the lead runners make running 26.2 look. I certainly do not look as limber and comfortable as them at mile 24 or any mile probably for that matter. I have been a fan at many marathons and a runner in many marathons but I have never seen the top runners come in so this was pretty fun.
It was also fun to stay in one place for almost the whole thing! We usually have to hurry up and get in the car to see dad or another friend in another spot and we frantically look at the time and calculate how long we have to get to the next point if he/she is running 9-10 minutes miles. This was much less stressful. Not that I mind going from point to point, that is a blast too, but this was fun to experience as well. We had coffee, juice, bagels and muffins and some fruit to snack on too!
Linnea even helped cheer and was very good about not running into the road with the marathoners. I was sort of worried a headline n the paper may be, marathoner taken out by toddler. But she did great hanging out with us and walking back and forth in the yard and sidewalk and up and down the steps of Mack's dad's house.
Linnea cheering with mommy instead of for mommy! hopefully she will be cheering me on in mine on October 23rd though! Watching this made me just want my marathon weekend to be here now! I am getting tired of training and looking forward to just being able to run as far as I want when I want and have that be okay!
We stayed until about 12:45 when Mack had to head to the airport and Linnea and went off to an Andersen AmeriCorps Alumni picnic at my former supervisors house.
It was a full and busy weekend! Saturday I worked at the Twins game until 1 and then ran 15 miles around Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, Lake of the Isles and part of Minnehaha Parkway. What a beautiful day for a run! I felt great and it gave me confidence that I can still run 26.2 miles after turning 30 and having a baby.

No comments: