Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mason City Marathon

I have a restaurant named Whiskey Creek to thank for my carb loading before my 7th marathon! I have set a goal to do 10 in my life...so only three more to go!


Just Chris and I headed to Mason City last Saturday for the marathon. Linnea got to have a sleepover at grandma and grandpa's. We didnt have the camera at the start, but we did have Chris' phone so we got some pictures on that which I will try to remember to post later.
For now...here is me at mile 10! Chris did so great at finding me in three places (5 if you include the start and finish!)

Here I am at mile 14 right before heading into the Lime Creek Nature Center which was a great place to run! I loved it!


It did have a few hills so I was much more tired here at mile 21. I feel like it took me FOREVER to reach the end! Longest 5 miles of my life. But after some nice trails through parks, along a creek and through nice neighborhoods I finally saw the finish line!

26.2 miles in 4 hours and 51 minutes. Slowest time yet. That is a long time to be running! Hopefully I can train a little better for the next one and get it closer to 4 hours or even 4 and a half.
But I am very happy I did it! I had my doubts and walked a bit more than I usually do.

Now what will be my next and maybe final 3???? London, Disney World, Big Sur, Chicago, New York, Germany...the choices are endless and all sound so fun!

We ended the trip with a letter box at the Northern Iowa fairgrounds. This was a nice weekend away before daycare and work started. I was pretty sore my first day at work, but not as bad as I was expecting!

No comments: