Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cabin Time!













Hmmmm...who decided to take a 2.5 hour roadtrip alone with Linnea this past Sunday?? Me!!! And we had so much fun! Chris left for Florida and we left for his aunt and uncle's cabin in Hayward, WI to visit with family members visiting from Atlanta, GA and of course the rest of the family that were up at the cabin too. I was nervous to go alone but wanted to see if I/we could do it and now I know we can! Linnea hasn't always been the best traveler but the dvd player worked and we talked about how fun it would be to be swimming all day and go on boat rides and see so many of her girl cousins that she doesn't see too often. So we had a lot to look forward too! We only had to pull over twice. Once to put a new movie in and once to get her apple juice. SO I'd say we did pretty good! We had lunch right away when we got there and then went on a pretty boat ride and then we swam, swam, swam! And got pulled around on abig blue float and helped the big girls make a sand castle and mud. Linnea did great bringing them water! That was her job. I debated and debated when to leave...before or after summer. We ended up leaving after supper so about an hour later than I wanted but oh well. It's summertime and it was worth it. The grilled chicken was great and Linnea got to play with the riding toy and swing a bit which is her new fav activity! I thought maybe just maybe she would fall asleep on the way home since she didnt nap and it was definitely bedtime during the trip home, but no. The girl stayed awake the whole time!!! At least she wasnt crying, she was really pretty good. She knew we were going from the cabin to her Papa and Grandma's house so maybe thats why she wasnt sleeping. Who knows! I would have been if I was her! So anyways...we made it to my parents around 9:30 which is good because it started storming about an hour later! I would not have wanted to drive in storms, especially alone with a toddler. We have been sleeping at my parents while Chris is away. I have brought squirt to daycare, ran and then gone home to work on painting and organizing and cleaning. I've been pretty productive and enjoyed having company after Linnea goes to bed.

No comments: