Sunday, July 17, 2011

Crafts, Puddle Jumping and Over the Hedge



Friday morning we awoke to rain again!!! This time we stayed in and did lots of crafts with Dylan and Ian. Brian and Megan needed someone to watch the boys just for about 2 hours so I said I would love to! I have been wanting to crafts with them for a while anyways! So we did! We also ate, made some lego towers, danced and had a great time! We made tractors, duckponds, bday hats and a crown for the bday boy (Dylan will turn 5 this Thursday...5. wow! whole hand!) and we painted with kool-aid and ice cubes. That may have been the best craft! Megan and Kaylan came to get the boys right at lunchtime so they stayed and had lunch and Megan and I got to visit. We were hoping to to the Coin Carnival that Ojibway Park in Woodbury hosts (lots of kiddie games and prizes and a puppet show) but it was rescheduled because of the rain. When the boys left, Linnea took another good nap and when she woke up it had stopped raining so we took advantage and went for a walk and to two playrounds...Linnea also found some puddles. I have never seen her go sloshing through but that is what she did! Then she decided to sit right down! Right in her dress and diaper! silly girl! I didnt care this time because we had a change of clothes and werent in a hurry so I felt we could dawdle away. When my parents got home we had some pizza and then had a movie nigh nigh. We had a busy week and didnt feel like doing anything else. My mom popped some popcorn and we put in Over the Hedge. I had seen it years ago in one of my after school activity classes I taught and remembered it being pretty funny. It was a hit, but no Toy Story! Linnea enjoyed taking turns cuddling with her papa and grama and during the movie credit music she danced with each of them. Then it was off to bed! We ended up staying at my parents house one more night because Chris' flight was delayed/cancelled due to rain so he wouldn't be home until mid morning on Saturday.

No comments: