Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lookout Ridge and GG's






Thursday morning we awoke at my parents house to LOTS of rain! So after debating between indoor playgrounds and a coffee shop with toys my friend and I decided we would go to Lookout Ridge in Woodbury. Her boys hadnt' been there in a while, neither had we, I have a pass and was close by and had slept in so Lookout Ridge right in Woodbury worked out great! Linnea climbed higher than she ever has, bounced in the bounce house more than she ever has and went down one of the bigger tube slides alone! The girl is getting braver and more adventurous everyday. Cautious Linnea may be leaving as she gets closer and closer to three! She did go down the slide first with me and then with my friends 5 year old and then all of a sudden she decided she would go down alone! YAY! We had lunch at a cafe just upstairs from Lookout Ridge. It's always a fun place to go. The library is right there, Brian and Megan got married there and the YMCA is also attached. SO if we were ever members we could make a whole day out of the Central Park area! Well who am I kidding, we can make a whole day out of it without using the Y. After playing so hard Linnea took a great nap, woke up, went to the swings by Grama and Papa's, packed her backpack with books and Toy Story and headed to GG's as soon as Papa got home with KFC. My mom had to work late so she couldn't join us. Linnea showed off her backpack right away by saying, "Hey, GG, see my backpack?". It's her new thing, We ate, walked around GG's floor, looked at the fish there and Linnea and Papa played "nigh nigh". Any of you with toddlers know what game that is I bet! It was a fun day despite the rain in the morning!

No comments: