Monday, September 19, 2011

Our Weekend (sept 17th and 18th, Im a little behind)


This weekend was soooo needed! it was a long first full week at work. Friday I had to sub on the bus so didn't get home til 5:30 and did not feel like cooking so we used our Quiznos Groupon and had a picnic and gave Linnea some playtime at the park, which these days means swinging. She is obsessed with it! It was quite chilly though so we didnt stay long and headed home to have our first hot chocolate of the season, with a little bit of Tinkerbell before bed. Tink is Linnea's new favorite movie/character. Could make a cute Halloween costume, but that is still a little ways away and her fav character could switch again! Before Tink it was Winnie the Pooh, before that Despicable Me and before that I believe it was Toy Story. So who knows where we will be come Halloween. Anyways...so Friday night's activities put me in a better mood. And Saturday helped even more. Linnea and I were able to meet our New Parent Connection at Carpenter Nature Center. Again, it was a little chilly but we stayed warm in the nature center learning about owls and seeing them eat mice (yes, real dead mice, sort of disturbing but real life) and looking at the other displays. We then had a cold picnic and went on a nice walk. Saturday night we dropped Linnea off at my parents fully intending to go to Stillwater to use another groupon but thank goodness I called the restaurant we were heading to see if we could walk in, turns out it was a full house and they werent taking more reservations! So I quick printed off yet another coupon (Livingsocial this time) to a place in Hudson. So Chris and I still got our date in, but I am pretty bummed we wont get to use our Groupon in Stillwater. it expires this Friday :( Linnea and my parents had a great time. They took her to eat at GG's and they also got to watch Tinkerbell! I guess Linnea had GG laughing out loud! Yay! Chris and I enjoyed our time out just the two of us too.
Sunday was a pretty lazy day and very drizzly. So we did some art inside, playing catch and in L's kitchen and watching Tink and the Vikings. Linnea kept asking why the guys were falling down and if that was "her" guy. Meaning Adrian Peterson. She was also concerned when he players missed the ball. I went for a rainy run while squirt napped and then picked up pizza for dinner. It finally stopped drizzling and Linnea and I went for a short walk around the block. I barely needed the stroller! She had a blast playing in the puddles and throwing a walnut up the hill and then watching it roll down and then chasing it. We also found a basket full of apples a neighbor was giving away. How nice! They were small enough that Linnea just ate one whole. I didn't even have to cut it up! Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked the Tinkerbell movie as well. Now I know why she is called Tinkerbell.
Bapa