Sunday, September 11, 2011

State Fair and Weezer!

WARNING! LOTS OF PICS OF OUR FUN AT THE FAIR! SUMMARY FOLLOWS! ENJOY!
















Chris, Linnea and I went to the Fair on our own this year! I don't think that has happened before. It just didn't work out to meet the siblings, parents and cousins this year, but I think a family reunion is already in the works for next year and it involves the Fair.
We were able to park for free at a friend's house only a few blocks away so that was nice. We started the day by getting breakfast, a chocolate dipped waffle on a stick! YUMMY! This may be a new fav of mine! We then headed to the animals, Linnea's fav thing! We saw cows, sheep, pigs, goats and horses. It was about lunchtime so we got the hot turkey sandwich, a corndog and some custard. While the corndog was cooling off Linnea and I went into the Miracle of Birth Building and saw lots of cute babies. I think Linnea liked petting the little lamb the most. She also loved her corndog and the custard she devoured afterwards. Loved it so much she forgot she had to pee and she had her first potty accident in weeks. We were so surprised, she just stood there and peed. Oh well, we didn't make a big deal about it and just changed her right there and went on with our day. Of course reminding her to let us know if she needed to go :) Next we headed to Little Farm Hands where Linnea got to be a farmer. This was her third time through in her short life and she definitely got the most out of it this year. it was a good way for her to get out of the stroller and walk a bit too. She had been sitting for a lil while, while we tried to find it!
We didn't get her on any rides this year so we will try for next year. I also didn't have my usual foods, I tried almost all new things and thank goodness loved them all! I hate it when I spend money to try something new and it's gross. We wanted to take her on the yellow slide but just as we were heading there it started raining so they had to stop it. We didn't have time to wait for it to reopen since we had just waited in line for Sweet Martha's Cookies so we will hit it next year for sure. While Chris and L waited for cookies, I waited for deep fried pickles! YUMMY! However, next year I need to go with someone who will share them with me. I didn't feel so good after eating almost the whole tub of them myself. I didn't get my favorite Australian Fries because Chris and L wouldn't want any and they are far too expensive and big to eat on my own. We also surprisingly skipped the dairy barn malts too since we got the custard. The final thing I tried was fruity salsa with cinnamon and sugar chips. Delicious! Linnea liked it too. Oh we did get our usual fries since we all love those! We headed home around 2 so Linnea and Chris could nap. Chris was getting a headache and squirt was tired.
Chris and I headed back to the Fair around 6 for the Weezer Concert with some friends, one visiting from AZ. So we got to try more food! I got a chicken torta and Chris found a BBQ Chx sandwich. After the awesome concert we tried the pot roast sundae! So needless to say we spent far too much money than we wanted and ate too much, but had a blast. I don't think I have ever been to the Fair twice in one day. Still came far from seeing it all and trying all the food we wanted too! I hope the Deep Fried Cookie Dough returns because I'd love to try it next year.

No comments: