Sunday, September 18, 2011

Trout Run

Well even though my school weeks have been hard, the weekend have been awesome! So I always have that to look forward to an of course seeing Chris and Linnea after work. On Saturday the 10th I ran in the Kinni Trout 10k Race in River Falls. It was pretty hard running on the trails since I havent done that in a while but so beautiful and fun! We spent the night at Erik and Lisa's on Friday since the race started at 7:30am. That's pretty early for us! The route went right by Erik's house about 5 minutes in so I got to see my cheering fans! Chris and Linnea got up early for the occasion. About an hour after my race there was a kids Trout Trot! So I headed back to Erik's to help get the kids ready for it. My parents were babysitting Dylan, Ian and Kaylan while Brian and Megan ran the Mudrun so they brought them out and all the cousins got to "run" a race together. It was Dylan Henjum's 2nd but the first for everyone else. They were so proud of their medals and Ian kept saying, we are all winners. It was a 1k around Glen Park which is a super nice place! So many playgrounds and shaded and it even has a wading pool (which wasnt open but hopefully next summer we can go in it) So a 1k is pretty far, Linnea made it a couple blocks running, then maybe walked one more and then went on Daddy's shoulders. We played at the park a bit afterwards, I won a raffle to a restaurant in RF and then we headed to Erik and Lisa's for a lunch of Mac and Cheese and then headed home. What a fun morning/afternoon!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was fun!
Bapa