Monday, November 21, 2011

Dress Up and BVS Homecoming Week!

We had some dress up time here at the Meyers's! I'd like to introduce Princess Linnea!

and Ballerina Linnea!

The ballerina also thought it was fun and clever to line up her stuffed animals here:

And I showed her this lil activity I found on my new favorite website...Pinterest. Who would have thought pipe cleaners and a strainer could keep a toddler busy for maybe 10 minutes! Thank you Pinterest for this idea and so many more. I may a little obsessed with you.
But just a little ;)

The week before Thanksgiving was also an exciting week for Bridgeview (The school I am at). They celebrate Homecoming in their own special way! I have LOTS of pics but am not sure I should/can share them the blog. I will just try to explain what a cool time it is...we have Homecoming royalty (and we had the princess in our room), circle wrestling, rope wresting, a pep fest and even a dance! It is so much fun to see the students having so much fun and to see the staff show such support and school spirit. We may not be able to play football but we know how to push students from another school (Linwood-Monroe) off the mat! This is during circle wrestling which involves a student (with special needs, because that is our whole population at BVS) sitting back to back with a student from the opposing school and they push with their backs trying to get each other off the mat. Its very exciting! We also can put on a great pepfest show! This year it was dancing through the years, starting with the 20s. Each decade had a different song and students wore different outfits according to their decade and did the appropriate dance from that decade. It was so creative! I like BVS and my job more and more each week, still wish my job was staying home with Linnea a few days a week tho :)

No comments: