Saturday, May 26, 2012

FunFest!

Have I mentioned before that the school I work at is a very special place? Cuz it is! And I was so happy to finally get to share that place with Chris and Linnea this past Friday. Each spring BVS hosts FunFest which is a community carnival that raises money for our school. All the activities and prizes are done with donations from staff and families of our school and local organizations and run by the staff of school who volunteer their time after working hard all day/week. There are carnival games with cute prizes, horse rides, Vulcan fire truck rides, raffles, hot dogs, burgers, walking tacos, ice cream, sno cones, etc. 


We had a great time! Linnea was all smiles at the petting zoo, riding a horse, playing dip a duck and painting her spin artwork! She also loved the Vulcan fire truck ride through the neighborhood.


Feeding a calf!


Petting a duck!


All ready to ride the BIG horse!






I was pleasantly surprised on Monday when I learned I won the movie basket raffle I put $4.00 in! It was a $20 GC to AMC, popcorn and a fun popcorn bowl, candy and pretzels! Perfect for us! We also a PB chocolate cake in the cake walk! yay us and yay for funfest and everyone who donated things and time to make it happen!

No comments: