Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Mommy and Linnea and Baby #2 on the way!




Well our Mother's Day was a little different than we planned but we were all together so we made the most of it. We just didn't see any of our moms or grandma's :( We were hoping to meet grandma Sarah (Chris's mom) in Prescott at a new fun looking playground for some playing and a picnic, but she had some car problems and couldn't make it. We had planned on meeting my parents for supper and a quick visit to GG after Linnea's nap so us driving all the way to Bay City to see her wouldn't work either. Hopefully we can see her this weekend. We ended up going to a new park here and hunting for a letterbox. Well, we didn't find the box and the hike was not toddler or stroller or preggo friendly so that was disappointing and oddly enough Linnea was having some bathroom issues which is so weird and frustrating since she has been potty/poop trained since last October! I don't think she was feeling well and just didn't really know how to tell us. We luckily got to our lunch destination of the St. Paul Bagelry before it closed and had a quick lunch in there before heading home for squirt and daddy's nap and gardening time for me. We got her down, I got some major weeding and cleaning up done in the garden but then when Linnea woke up she was completely out of sorts and crying and saying her tummy hurt. SO needless to say we decided to stay home and rest with a movie with her. We still made homemade pizza and had a nice evening but it would have been nice to see the mom's on Mother's Day! We did talk to them and think about them though. I love being a mom and wish I had more time to give to my daughter but I think I do pretty good and create memories for us as much as a working mama can. It is so nice to have a day to celebrate myself and all the mom's and mama's to be out there!

No comments: