Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sabina's Bday Party!

One of our neighborhood friends celebrated her 3rd birthday this past Sunday! Her actual bday is Wednesday the 18th (exactly the same as two of our nephews and plenty of my friends! What a popular day for a bday!)


Anyways, after our naps and recovering from blueberry picking we headed over to Sabina's house and Linnea got in the pool with her friends while I watched and got to chat and eat with the moms. 


All was fun and well until I looked down for a split second and then looked up and saw my daughters arms flailing about....I quickly ran to the side of the pool and pulled her out. It was a very scary moment for us both, but not one we haven't been through before. I handled it how I did before and did not make a big deal and just kept telling her she was okay and that is normal to go under water. All the other parents there were very supportive and had similar stories. The pool is about 32inches so not over her head but I'm sure when Linnea slipped and went under she forgot she could touch and was trying to swim but doesn't know how. We will get her some lessons this fall or winter depending on how we are doing with the baby! We also need to find a life jacket she likes! We go to another swimming party this weekend and I am hoping when she sees the other kids wearing their life jackets she will give it a try. I know she isn't too traumatized from this because she did want to get back in the water after watching the other girls swim and go under, in fact she said, "see mommy, they're going under water and them okay!." Unfortunately when she decided she wanted to get back in, it was time to go.

No comments: