Thursday, August 16, 2012

Changes...

As you all know there is definitely one BIG change coming this fall and that is our new baby...but along with that is another big change...we have to find a new daycare. I. HATE. IT. The place Linnea has been going has been so wonderful. We have felt comfortable leaving our Linnea there for almost 40  hours a week for almost 2 years. We knew she was safe. We knew the teachers, the other kids and some parents. We knew Linnea was learning a lot...socially, emotionally and educationally. She was getting prepared for preschool, kindergarten and the world. It was everything we wanted...enough structure, discipline and free playtime. It was close to my job, not our house, but it was enough on my way to and from work to make it work. But we just cannot make it work for two kids financially. It stinks. I got a raise last year and Chris has been trying since spring to either get a promotion, raise, new position within his company or even a new job...but no luck. We have to start the search all over and try to find all the things A Child's View offered for about $200 less a week, and ideally we need a spot for a "preschooler" and infant. Boo. We have looked at two and searched online for hours, made some phone calls, sent plenty of emails and now we are waiting to hear back from people and set up more interviews/tours. One would have had space for both, however there were enough little things wrong with it that we just couldn't see ourselves leaving the kids there. The other one we looked at was great, but no space for the baby. We may send Linnea there anyways...we are thinking full time starting Sept 4th when I go back to work until baby comes and then switch her to part time until January or just take her out all together...but I fear the transition in January then and I fear her losing routine and social skills. I am good at getting her out when it is just her and I, but with a newborn I know that will all change. I know I will take a while to get into the swing of things and with Linnea's world changing as much as ours we would like to keep hers as much the same as we can. 
Anyways...something will work out...it always does and we will get used to the new normal but I am not enjoying planning for it! So last Thursday all of us went to interview/meet/see the house of the one in home daycare we almost went with and then Monday just Linnea and I went so we could meet the other kids and see how the provider was with the kids and see how Linnea reacted to everything. I realize Linnea may act different when I am not there but I wanted to see anyways. It was okay, but like I previously said, there were enough little things that made me feel like it wasn't the right fit for us, so the hunt continues. We went to the thrift store for a bit before heading home for lunch and naps. 

Monday evening we finally went my dad and brothers softball game and they won! We stopped at the playground by the ball field on the way home and hit the hay as soon as we could when we got home.



2 comments:

mack said...

hi amu! are you blogging right at this moment? i just got up early and was reading about camping...and suddenly here's another post! you should be in bed (!). :-)

mack said...

oh she's sooo cute - is she baking/selling cakes?

sorry about your daycare worries. i'm sure it will be a very annoying and heart-wrenching search, but something will workout for sure (it might just take longer than you want it to, but it will work out)!