Thursday, August 16, 2012

New couches/date night/preggo picture!

This past weekend we wanted to get the nursery painted and ready to decorate and get the crib in there...well getting our "new couches" ended up taking up most of the time. My friend from college is moving and had some couches she wanted to get rid of so I gladly made her some cookies and paid a small amount in exchange for some much more comfortable furniture than we have had in a long time. We had been using a loveseat that was my grandma's, comfy but you really sunk into it and a couch that was also a hand me down. The comfort level of the couch was fine but the design really didn't match our living room and it was impossible to keep a slipcover on it for one reason or another so this dark purple couch has taken the place of the couch:

The couch along with some new family photos on the wall.

and this flowered super pillowy comfy loveseat has taken the place of grandma's:



My dad was nice enough to come help Chris get the furniture out of our friends house, into ours and then our old furniture to the Goodwill. It was quite the process so I made a late lunch for everyone and then my dad actually took Linnea home with him too so Chris and I could clean up the furniture, clean up our house and just have an afternoon/night to ourselves. It was very much appreciated! 
We got enough done around the house and headed to Gabe's restaurant just down the road from here where we had a gift card to. It was delicious and we got to watch some of the Twins game there too. We came home and watched nothing other than the Olympics of course and then hit the hay! We also took some preggo pictures:
I think almost 35 weeks...



No comments: