Monday, November 19, 2012

Fall Trip to the Heartwood!

We took our annual family fall trip two weekends ago and had a blast! We headed back to the Heartwood in Trego, WI where we stayed last year and where we go for the Birkie Weekend in the winter. We had plenty of food, crafts, toys and even a game night with us "the adults" since somehow all the kids went to bed by 8 on Saturday! Friday it was everyone but Brian's family who couldn't make it til mid morning on Saturday. I got most of our stuff packed up by the time Chris came home from work and we were able to leave around 3. Linnea had her tumbling class that morning as well and since it is connected to the library we picked up a few new books for the trip too. I drove up behind Chris with both girls since Chris had to leave Saturday afternoon in order to get to work early on Sunday with his new schedule. I was so proud of the girls and myself for making the 2/2.5 hour drive on our own. Harper slept the whole way and Linnea listened to music and sang for me and chatted away. She did doze off for the final 30 minutes which surprised me since she generally is not a car sleeper. But that was fine with me. I actually put in some Christmas music, early I know, but it was the only adult cd in the car and there wasn't a radio station I could find that I enjoyed. 
We had chicken noodle soup once we were done unpacking and it was delicious and perfect for a cool Friday night. The kids had bedtime stories together and also watched The Snowy Day and looked at the book along with it. That is one of L and I's fav things to do and fav stories!

my proud lil helper





Saturday morning we had breakfast and played a bit before Brian and the family arrived. My dad and I went on a run/walk too :) We have to be ready for our turkey day 5k! Once Brian's family arrived I got out those crafts Stefanie gave me. 
let the crafts begin!

you can kind of see my mom's orea turkey craft/snack!
pilgrim!


a lil young for crafts so she just slept :)
 The crafts kept us busy for quite a while but the kids also did lots of playing with legos, constructs and farm toys.

coloring is so fun with a friend and in a bed!
        
making turkey hats!





naptime?


We also went outside for a bit a did some running around and kite flying. It was pretty rainy so the playground that are there weren't super usable...they still played on them a little bit but got VERY wet!
My mom also had a cute turkey and oreo craft/snack to make. That was fun to have after all the playing and before dinner. Dinner was spaghetti and after that the kids sort of watched Robots on tv and then it was bedtime.
Sunday was a bit of a scramble getting everyone packed up and out the door but it all worked out. Linnea, Harper and I and my parents went on one little hike after we got all packed up.
We stopped about 20 minutes away from the cabin for lunch and then made it home without stopping. Harper took a little longer to calm down this time but overrall slept the whole way...and miss Linnea surprisingly did the same! I think she slept for 1.5 hours of the trip! We got home a little bit before Chris and we were sure happy to see him upon his arrival home!

No comments: