Monday, November 19, 2012

Flowers for Carolyn

As some of you may remember we lost a good friend to domestic abuse last March. Well the case is finally closed and we were finally able to get together with her close and friends and family and do something to honor her. We planted flowers near her dad's "in memory of"plaque. Carolyn lost her dad in her teen years and has planted flowers by this plaque by the river road every fall. Her family will continue this tradition for both of them and hope to add Carolyn's name to the plaque. When we had finished planting the hundreds of bulbs we went back to Carolyn's mom house for soup and dessert. It was a bittersweet morning. I hope I can help plant every year and I will try to always go out to dinner or do something to honor her on her birthday every year. This holiday season will be a bit different without her...she loved it as much or more than me. I will be sure to send her family a card and cookies.

Here is the article about the sentencing. I decided to go to it with two of my friends. I am glad I went, but it also made me sick. What a terrible excuse for man Brent is.
http://www.startribune.com/local/east/176883311.html?refer=y&vi_adid=W

Look at all the people celebrating a wonderful person.

Her dad's plaque.

Harper napping. Carolyn would have loved to meet this lil babe.

papa and Linnea planting.

mommy and daughter planting flowers for a dear friend.

Linnea, Frances (a friend from St. Mary's, and my mom.

This isn't a real recent picture at all..pretty sure it's from 2006 but it is a nice one of me, Mikey (in the hat) and sweet Carolyn (with the long black hair). It was our holiday party at our apartment in Bloomington. And since it is the holiday season all of sudden I thought it was appropriate:)

No comments: