Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

My dad and I started Thanksgiving off with a very fun turkey trot at Battle Creek Regional Park. We are used to skiing here and know it is a beautiful place with many trails! Many hilly trails so we were a bit worried about running here, but the course ended up not being so bad and we didnt have to walk nearly as much as anticipated!
  




After the run I went home to get the rest of the family, the food and of course get myself ready! We made it back to my parents around noon and we were eating at about one. And as usual, the food was delicious! All the traditional treats were there...the bird, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole and green bean casserole (both made by me), cranberries, rolls and then of course pie.




We had pie later on when I was actually hungry again so that worked out well for me. Im not sure about everyone else :) In between, the kids played inside and we even headed outside for a walk and playtime at the park. 

We ended the fun day with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and eating the dip/spreads I also brought over. Erik and I also packed up plenty of leftovers! Yum!


I couldn't be more thankful for such a wonderful family...especially these two little ladies.


I have a few more pictures to add...but as I was uploading I was told I had no more storage space which seems weird...so I will ask Chris about that :)

No comments: