Saturday, October 26, 2013

Date Night and Thursday day of mostly fun...

Chris and I finally used our wonderful friend neighbors to babysit the girls and got to go out to dinner together. I do believe the last date was for Chris' bday back in July. We need to do it more. No excuses. The girls did great with our neighbors and they even have a lil girl Linnea's age. We decided to go to the Bull Dog in downtown St. Paul this time and it was delicious! Kind of just a burger and a huge variety of beer spot but thats what we were going for this time. They also have flavored tator tots! We got garlic ones. yummy!


Linnea and I had the next day off for MEA and we mostly had a wonderful day! We went to lil explorers at the Como Zoo again which is something I LOVED while on maternity leave so it was great to go back. It was a bear theme so L did some sorting, coloring and told Harper the story of the Three Little Bears on a felt board. We also listened to a story before heading out to Woodbury for the Teddy Bear Band Concert.

Once upon a time in a nursery rhyme there were three bears...


sorting.




After the concert I decided to take Linnea to the dr again for her nagging sore throat. She survived the culture with a few tears and resistance but that was nothing compared to what happened next. Since she didn't have strep I thought we may as well get the flu shot/mist. We decided to go with the mist this year but she was absolutely terrified and cried and cried. With the help of two nurses the mist got in her nose 45 minutes later :( The doc thinks the throat issue is allergies so we are trying children's zyrtec as needed. So far it seems to be helping.

Putting this cute costume on later cheered her up:

Pillow from Lalaloopsy! Thanks to my friend for giving it to us :)

And Harper just remained fairly happy and patient through it all.

I am getting so strong and brave! Cruising along the furniture and pulling myself up on everything. Soon I'll be standing alone and then walking :)
Friday morning we met my dad at our bank to get our free pumpkins before heading to our usual storytime and puppet show. 




We met Susana (our nanny) and her son Andres who was also off on MEA there this time which was lots of fun. Linnea enjoyed having a buddy to listen to stories with and play in the library for a little bit after. Afterwards we packed for our trip to Mankato and had Sawatadee Thai food for dinner with my living social coupon. It was delicious and Linnea really enjoyed coming with me to downtown to pick it up. I tried to go to bed somewhat earlier than usual since we left for marathon weekend on Saturday! 

No comments: