Saturday, October 12, 2013

Last Long Long Run.

around mile 6
Well it turns out I found a route on foot that is exactly 18 (well 18.3) miles from Woodbury to St. Paul. It was perfect since that is what I needed to run for my training for the big day on October 20th. I left from my friends daughters 1st birthday around 11:30 and finished 3 hours later at 2:30 under the Ford Bridge where Chris and the girls picked me up. It started to rain as I was finishing so thank goodness for the bridge. Here are some pictures of my journey on Saturday morning:



 Very cool to see the American Queen at about mile 10 along Warner Road by downtown St. Paul

a pretty fountain at mile 13 maybe
beautiful fall color along Shepherd Road at about mile 15

I had such a great run. Perfect weather for it (even with a lil rain at the end) and mostly downhill! Now lets hope Mankato has some down hills too...I keep hearing it is quite hilly...eek!



After the run we went to Bay city to visit Chris' family and especially Allison, who if you may remember from previous posts, did leave for the army in August. Sadly, she got a stress fracture in her hip so was sent home to heal. She is looking forward to heading back October 26th and hopes to stay provided she is healed. It was great to see her and the family. It was also lovely to see my friend and her family and celebrate her daughter's 1st birthday. Mel lives in Florida so it was pretty sweet she could be here for a long weekend and squeeze her baby's bday in with friends and fam in MN.




No comments: