Monday, August 18, 2014

August Date Night!

Chris and I brought the girls down to Grandma Sarah's for the first ever cousin sleepover! And Harper's first time ever sleeping at Grandma Sarah's without mom or dad. When we left they were all having a great time and Aunt Jenny and cousin Naomi were also sleeping over so there was lots of help. Grandma Sarah even bought a fun Frozen comforter for all the lil girls to cuddle on :)



We headed home for a peaceful, childless pasta dinner of our own before heading to Lake Harriet to watch A League of their Own. I absolutely love that movie but felt quite old when I realized I was 12 or 13 when it came out! Anyways we had a great night together...

walking through the Rose Gardens by Lake Harriet


I love Chris and I love summers in St. Paul/Minneapolis!

It got quite late especially since I was running a half marathon on Saturday morning. But being the night owl that I am I managed. (speaking of this night owl business tho, it is going to have to change soon since school/work starts in a few weeks.)

The half marathon was one of the best I have ever done and fastest for me as well! It was the Urban Wildland Half in Richfield. My dad drove me there and biked around cheering for me every few miles. Chris tried to make it to the end but I was a few minutes faster than he expected and he missed me :( And my dad was literally moving spots since the sun was in his eyes and he missed me too! But its okay...like I said it was a wonderful run that I would recommend to anyone!

before the run!
Done with a PR of 1 hour and 58 minutes! I wanted to break 2 hours and I did!

We went to pick up the girls up that afternoon and learned they had a super fun time watching movies, coloring, eating pizza, walking to the ice cream shop...and not a whole lot of sleeping....all things that are supposed to happen at a slumber party :)

I think this picture sums up how sleepy they were!

Thanks Grandma Sarah and the gang for taking the the girls for the night!
We are soooo lucky!

No comments: