Monday, August 24, 2009

Amy and Linnea's walking adventures and other ramblings!

Linnea and I took some very fun walks in the last week. This top one if of her sitting and looking at the Mississippi River from a very nice path by downtown St. Paul and the Science Museum.
Here we are at a plaza near the the Apts along the River and she is extremely interested in some skateboarders zipping by and doing tricks.
Who knew there were cool fountains along this path behind the Science Museum?
And a place to walk in the water...Linnea didn't know what to think of that.
Ahhh...what a nice view of the bridges, the river and downtown. I like St. Paul!

Last week we also walked along Grand and Summit. While on Grand near Snelling we came across Macalester which I had never walked around before. So we explored there and decided it was a very nice campus!

And of course we had to lay down and play for a little while!


And ponder where she will go to college...

I also found another used bookstore along Grand. I can't say I like it more than Half Price Books but it was a great store and had two Shopaholic Books that I can never find at the library so I decided to buy them. I have surprisingly been able to read more since Linnea came along and we cut cable. In fact I joined a book club with some college friends and went to our first meeting with Linnea on Friday night. I could be in another one too but the dates haven't worked out for me yet. And since I have just been working at the Dome selling Twins tickets when they are home and 2 shifts at Caribou I have some extra time to read.
Speaking of work, I don't know if I wrote back in the spring that my aide position was cut for this year, so I have been keeping my eyes open all summer for a different position but still don't have a job for the school year and I can't get over how weird it feels. I have been working in a school in one way or another for the past 6 years of my life! I love being home and being a mommy with Linnea but do miss working at the same time. I have applied for a few after school coordinators so keep your fingers crossed that one of those works out! It would be pretty good hours and pay...so many of the school jobs out there don't have both good hours and good pay. We have to be picky about which job I take because it has to pay enough that we have some income after daycare costs...oh these are the decisions that aren't so fun about growing up and being parents.

But we are doing good overall and can't complain too much about our situation...I do have the Twins and Caribou still employing me. And Chris has his job which is great but he has been very busy with it lately. He is such a good employee and daddy and think he deserves to have tomorrow night off. My parents will take Linnea to her 3rd Twins game and I will meet them inside with some of our other friends as well!

2 comments:

Keith Henjum said...

Amy, I love it that you are exploring new areas and finding fun stuff to do with Linnea. Keep it up!
Love Dad and grandpa

Keith Henjum said...

I hope you can find a job that works out. Too bad Barb has to work. We REALLY enjoyed taking Linnea to the twins game and meeting up with you and alison, etc. Linnea enjoys being at the game.