Sunday, August 2, 2009

River City Days Half Marathon

This past Saturday I ran my first half marathon (well first run longer than 6miles if we are being specific) since being pregnant and having our lil bundle of joy. And I have to say it went very well and gives me confidence that I will run at least 4 more full marathons in my life, but I'm very glad I started with this half marathon. It was a very nice, easy, pretty course in Red Wing along the Pioneer Trail. The treats at the end were delicious too..dougnuts and other pastries, bananas, bagels, cookies, water, powerade! YUMMY!!!!
And I ran it with a good friend who also hasn't been able to do many long runs in the last year. So we did it together and it was wonderful! We couldn't have asked for better weather!
Or better fans! We just wish they could have seen us and cheered us along the way, but it wasnt the most spectator friendly course. We will try harder to find an easier one to watch next time! My parents made it to the finish line to cheer us in which was fantastic!
And Linnea couldn't have been happier to meet yet another animal!
After the run we had lunch at the Bremer grandparents house and Sarah and Allison were able to make it there as well.
I will keep ya posted on my next running adventure...I know there will be one 5 miler at the Pine Tree Apple Orchard in October for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazin' Amy! congratulations on your 1/2 Marathon!!!

Love, Dad