Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Run for the Apples and Carpenter Nature Center

My favorite race occurred two weekends ago and I got to do it again! It's called the Run for the Apples and it takes place at the Pine Tree Apple Orchard in White Bear Lake. I think it had been a few years since I was able to...I didn't run the full 5 miles it but I walked about 3.5 miles of it. My lil bro Brian and sister in law Megan ran it so it was fun to be there with them. It was a beautiful morning and just so fun to walk through the pumpkin patch, strawberry fields, apple trees and corn fields. After buying some yummy apple doughnuts, cookies and apples I headed home to get Chris and the girls and get ready for our next event of the day.


Next event of the day was Carpenter Nature Center with my parents and Brian and his family. It was put on by Thrivent Lutheran and there were free fall treats, a bounce house and petting zoo all of which we love. There was also a bird show that he kids got into and a craft.





bouncing Strawberry Shortcake!

sweet Kaylan


We left the girls at my parents house afterwards to go out to dinner with a couple friends in honor of Carolyn's birthday. (Carolyn was my friend who lost her life to domestic violence earlier this year). It was nice to get out with our friends and reminisce about our dear Carolyn and have a short break from our girls. The plan was for Linnea to sleepover at grandma and papa's and we just take Harper home, but our night owl/staller was still up and decided she wanted to come home with us. Yup, the night owl and girl with troubles sleeping is back. We thought we had it figured out for about month, but poor sleeping is back. Anyways...we packed her back up and all headed home for bed. We had a big day Sunday!

No comments: