Friday, April 26, 2013

Baptized!!!

We had an absolutely lovely day last Sunday for Harper's Baptism. It was a very special day full of many smiles and visiting with family and friends and of course eating. Chris of course had the whole day off so we all got ready together and headed over to my parents church. My parents had spend the evening with us the night before helping to make/decorate the cake and cupcakes and they turned out just how I wanted it! I couldn't have done it without them...papa entertained the girls, mom did dishes and brought decorating supplies and tips. We had a great time preparing for the special day!

God Bless Harper! We made cupcakes with crosses on them too which I hope to post soon.
Harper's Godparents are our good friends Chuck and DeAnna. They are expecting their first child the beginning of June so it was so nice of them to make the hour trip in. DeAnna's back has really been bothering her with the pregnancy so sitting in a car and at church isnt the most comfortable. The service was lead by the youth and perfect for a baptism.  Harper didn't cry and looked proudly as she was carried around the church.




 Back at home/my parents house we had a delicious brunch. I experimented with another Pinterest recipe, this time an oatmeal bake and it was a hit! Will be making again and trying out different fruit/flavor combos. This time I did strawberries, bananas and chocolate chips.  My mom made a great egg, ham and cheese bake and fruit salad and Grandma Sarah baked some yummy yummy muffins!







Harper received many nice gifts and plenty of love from her family, friends and cousins.
I will post more pictures soon. These were just already on the computer on facebook so it was the quickest for me since we got a "new" camera I have to figure out how to transfer again.

No comments: