Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bowling, Red Balloon and Baseball Draft

Our first fun day of break was spent bowling! I also got a run in...one of my goals over break was to get yoga meltdown or running in everyday since there would be time! Linnea has done bowling on the Kinect and heard how fun it is from her uncle and papa but had never done it. We thought a perfect time to try it was during her break. I was so excited to do fun things as a family of four since it is so hard to find time for all of us, just us, with our schedule to do much more than dinner, a lil playing or short walks and the occasional storytime so we made the most of it. The four of us had a great time! Harper seemed to enjoy watching and Linnea bowled two games and ate lots of pizza with orange pop! She loves her "spicy" fruity pop she gets on special occasions :) Yes spicy. Anything bubbly is spicy. We did terrible at the lanes, I think Chris is the only one who reached 100, even with Linnea using bumpers and a ramp. 



Tuesday morning I took the girls to the Red Balloon Bookshop for baby storyime. Normally my favorite baby storyteller is there but she had a sub, who was still fun but I can't wait for the next Tues off that I can bring Harper! Daddy stayed home and cleaned our house for the baseball draft we were hosting. And the house just flat out needed to be cleaned. It's very challenging to keep up on the housework with both of us working, having a baby and a preschooler. I saw a quote somewhere that said something like cleaning your house or keeping it clean with kids is a lot like brushing your teeth and eating oreos at the same time. I agree. I had forgot I bought a wicker shelf to put in our porch whenever it is ready, but since it's not ready yet, we put it in the dining room which should help with some of our stuff.




homemade kettle corn, pretzels, peanuts, grapes, carrots, chips and salsa, hot dogs boiling...
PLAY BALL!
The baseball draft was super fun and we all got many players we wanted! My dad and Stan were here to draft and my mom helped with the girls who were on their best behavior which helped! Linnea got to stay up about an hour later than normal which was fine since it was spring break afterall :)

No comments: