Sunday, April 14, 2013

flower show and moms birthday

We celebrated my mom's birthday last Sunday afternoon/evening with Jimmy John's and Poppyseed Cake and plenty of playing and mom opened her presents. Jake kept blowing out her candle until Dylan took things into his own hands. 
Happy Birthday Mom/Grandma! We love you!



But before celebrating her birthday, the girls and I ventured to downtown Minneapolis all by ourselves. I was a little nervous but REALLY wanted to go the free Macy's Flower Show and Sunday was the last day. So we packed up some snacks, the diaper bag and the stroller and headed out. I knew we would park at Target since I needed stuff in there anyways. From Target we managed to find Macy's by way of the skyways which Linnea LOVED running through! And Harper was facing out in the stroller again so she loved looking all around and watching that big sis run! We made it to the 8th floor (the same place they do their Christmas display) and I was at first very intimidated by the line. I asked a staff member if she had any idea how long it would take...I didn't really want to turn around and leave but knew with the girls waiting in line for too long just wasn't going to work. She said 20 minutes and I knew that was doable. Linnea hadn't had any snacks yet and I had my phone which she could play some games on if needed. But we didn't even need to...the line moved really quickly and before we knew it we were within these beautiful flowers:







Breakfast before we left


I am soooo glad we went to this and plan to do it every year! This year was especially perfect because it is certainly not looking like spring or flowery outside this mid April. This is the winter that never ends and I am even tired of it. I LOVE winter and snow but really April?? Spring come anytime now.




No comments: