Friday, April 26, 2013

Jogger, Playdates, Chick Pea Cookies, Boston, Children's Museum

Not many pics on this one...

Harper got to go on her first ride in the jogger last week and lasted for my whole run...which was just about 30 minutes but she seemed fine so I bet she will last longer too, which is great since I hope to do a half marathon the first weekend in June...so I will need to get some longer runs in :) While I was running Linnea spent some time with our neighbors who invited her over to play so daddy got some "me" time and we had dinner with just Harper and each other. It was weird without lil Linnea but good too. I quite enjoyed not having to ask anyone to take a bite or please stay in your chair :) She really is a good girl but sometimes meals can be a challenge.

We once again ended up at my parents house for most of Saturday two weeks ago and I experimented with an interesting recipe I found on pinterest...Chick Pea Chocolate Chip Cookies...I had heard great things about them and they are flourless so Chris doesnt need to worry about eating them. He isnt totally gluten/wheat free but the less he eats of that the better he feels so we try to be mindful of that when we can.



I generally dont post too much about the tragedies in our country but I was very upset about the most recent bombing at the end of the Boston Marathon. I wore one of my marathon shirts in honor of the runners, community and all those affected. Wearing a shirt isn't much but I know plenty of people who were doing that. What a scary and tragic event at something that is supposed to be so joyous. boo.



On a happier note the girls and I met up with Lori Wallin and her girls last Friday at the Children's Museum! It is always fun to catch up with her and see the girls play. They are expecting baby number 3 in late June, early July so this was maybe one of their last trips here.


No comments: