Sunday, September 9, 2012

Como Zoo/Waterpark and Tru Berry!

After our long/somewhat stressful day Thursday, Linnea and I made up for it with a super fun day on Friday! My cousins and aunt and uncle were here from CO and we had a non stop blast with them starting Friday morning at Como Zoo. It was a perfect morning for it...not too hot and the zoo wasn't way too crowded either. The animals were pretty active (as were all the kids involved in our crew) and some of us even made it to the conservatory after lunch. The activities did not end after looking at the beautiful summer flowers...we made our way over to the new Como waterpark again! The weather had definitely heated up so it felt great to cool off on the slides and lazy river. The entire crew didn't make it but most did. I didn't get any pictures there though since I don't have a waterproof camera and we just didn't have enough hands to be taking pictures and keeping the kids safe. Linnea will be starting swim lessons the end of this month so hopefully after those she can be a bit more independent in the water! However, I was super proud of her for going down the little waterslides all by herself and allowing me just to catch her at the bottom! Yay Linnea! 

getting ready for Halloween already at Como Zoo!

Parker, Linnea and Kendall looking at the crazy penguin swim!

Linnea climbed in the polar bear cave!

Sunflowers!

smells so good!

Looking at the fish!


After going home and having some supper we treated ourselves along with daddy to another frozen yogurt shop! We wanted to go Thursday after the ER visit but Linnea fell asleep in the car 6:45 so we didn't think it would be as fun as it could be. Don't be fooled, just because she fell asleep in the car close to 7 does not mean we transferred her to bed and she was out for the night. Oh no, this girl continues to fall asleep between 9:30 and 10 no matter what we try. Anyways, back to the Friday night visit to the Frozen Yogurt shop...I of course had another groupon so we used that and loved our fro yo creations! And yes, brother Brian (if you read this) mine had about 5-7 different things in it. And Mikey (if you read this ) I think Linnea's involved fruit loops!





Saturday we headed over to GG's with the whole crew! I provided coloring books and magnetic dolls and puzzles for the kiddoes while uncle Owen provided pizza and my mom and dad provided salad, homemade salsa, ice cream and raspberries, PB bars and chocolate zucchini cake! It's always a little wild with everyone in the basement of GG's place but she loves to see us all together and this may have been one of the few times all of the great grandkids were there and almost all of the grandkids! This is my best picture of GG with the great grandkids. I know one was taken of her with the grandkids in attendance but not with my camera. I'm looking forward to seeing it though! What a fun group we have with plenty of memories and we continue to make them as we grow. I love it!


Linnea playing with the magnet dolls with Eloise and Allison.

3 comments:

mack said...

oh gosh, what in the world was on your ice cream sunday - i'm jealous! nothing like that here!

Alison said...

I am totally obsessed with froyo. Gil liked it until he created this horrible combination of Skittles and mango froyo. Seriously...what was he thinking? I always have at least five toppings too...and always the yummy candy bar ones! :)

Amy said...

I think this time I mixed salted caramel and chocolate ice cream and put pretzels, chocolate chips and hot fudge on it...oh and cheesecake bites. i usually do some sort of fruit and chocolate so was proud of myself for switching it up a bit! Oh goodness Al I dont know what Gil was thinking! skittles are yummy but maybe not on froyo! my cousins in CO also love it. Mack we will go when you come to MN to visit...you have so many other great places where you are though!