Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Staycation Time!

Well instead of going on a major out of town/state trip this summer we decided to stick close by and do things we don't normally have time for together as a family. Linnea and I do plenty around the twin cities but Chris/daddy usually has to work and so many times Linnea says, I wish daddy could come. So we planned a fun day in Stillwater and then proceeded to stay in an affordable hotel there too! We had fun at Teddy Bear Park with our Quizno's lunch and playing...





until it got too hot and then went and got a HUGE ice cream at Nelson's Ice Cream up the road from the park. A child's size was plenty for Linnea and I to share. We chose to get moose tracks I think. 



I am going to backtrack for a minute here, on Wednesday L and I dropped Chris off at the Hospital so he could have a Hida Scan done. This is another test to check out his gall bladder and insides to try to figure out what was hurting his tummy so much lately. While he was there, Linnea and I looked at the water fountains along Kellogg Ave in St. Paul and then the big water fountain and plenty of pidgeons in Rice Park before going to see a magician at the Central Library. We unfortunately didn't enjoy the magician too much and daddy's scan didn't show anything either. boo. And I didn't have the camera...again I got a few pics on my phone but still don't know how to get those on here..

But alas, as I wrote above we started our staycation Thursday anyways and went to Teddy Bear Park, Nelson's Ice Cream, checked into our hotel and had some rest time before some swim time. 

We went to Aculpulco for dinner and then found another playground afterwards before heading back to the hotel for some Despicable Me and bedtime.




Hanging out in the hotel room!



No comments: