Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Harper Marie Meyers!

Our daughter number two has arrived!!!! 
She is the sweetest little baby and loved so much already! 
Harper Marie Meyers


 Harper Marie Meyers

7 lbs 5oz & 21 inches long with a full head of black hair!



First Bath

all snuggled in for a few hours
As I wrote in the last post we all went to work and preschool as planned on Monday the 17th...Monday was a super long day for me since my bus was an hour late to pick us up! Little did I know this would be my last day of work until January. I had had some "leaking" beginning early Monday morning (like 3am early) but didn't think anything of it so went to work, but by Tuesday morning this leak had a pink tint to it so I called the hospital and they recommended coming in to get it checked out. Being that I was two days past due date we didn't want to take any risks. I called my mom  to see if she could come over to be with Linnea (luckily this was a Tuesday which she has off), I texted my bus sub, I called school and of course I called Chris who had only been at work for a half hour but he came home immediately. I quickly packed our bags (no I hadn't done that yet, once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator). Mom arrived, Chris arrived and off we went. Linnea said good luck and got a huge hug and smooch goodbye.  I genuinely thought we would be coming back home since I hadn't been having contractions...well I was wrong! After some checking, it was discovered that the leak was my water slowly breaking, which meant it had been broken for about 30 hours, which meant I had a high chance of infection unless we got this labor started with nothing other than my friend pitocin. And by friend, I mean enemy. That stuff is just the worst, but it did help get Harper out. And this time we eased into it so the contractions started out a little easier than last time. It was about the same amount of time of laboring (about 9 hours), but much less pushing this time...only and hour and 15 minutes instead of 2 hours and 40 minutes like with Linnea! SO along with pitocin, wonderful Chris, wonderful nurses, my amazing doctor, music, Friends on tv and two forms of pain meds one being the epidural, Harper Marie arrived at 9:58pm on Tuesday September 18th. 



No comments: