Friday, June 14, 2013

Half Marathon, Gardening and Flint Hills Music Festival

Well I made it through my first half marathon since Harper! And it went surprisingly well! I didn't train nearly as much as I usually do or as much as I would have liked but I still PR'ed! I did it in 2 hours and 2 minutes. I thought for sure I would be near 2 and half hours, so now I know with training I can break 2 hours! I also have confidence I can do a full marathon this fall. Maybe Whistlestop in Ashland, WI. We will see. The half was the Minneapolis Half. My lil bro and sister in law did it as well and so did a few friends. However none of us ran together. We all ran with our headphones!





It was super early...started at 6:30am. I had run at that time plenty during "training" since I would do it before work but only for about a half hour not 2 hours! I know having spectators and being in a totally unfamiliar area helped me have such a good time. The weather was absolutely perfect! My dad was so nice to get up early and drop me off at the start right around 6:15 (yes I like to get places just in the nick of time) This way I didn't have to leave their house around 4am to catch a shuttle and park and all of that.  After the run my mom made a yummy brunch and the girls and stuck around their house to "help" them garden.



On our way home we stopped at a great little Children's Music Festival. I wish I would have got there sooner or gone on Saturday because it was so much fun! Pictures to come from that event...I think the phone and camera died shortly after getting there so there won't be too many :(

No comments: