Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Full Fabulous Day!

 August 30th I got to run in the Women Rock Half Marathon and it was so much fun! I have been thinking how fun it would be to do a run or event with just women but hadn't signed up for anything yet. I knew this one looked awesome but was planning on maybe doing it next year, however my friend texted me the night before and said her friend had an extra bib and asked if I wanted to do it for free...how could I pass it up!? I feel great that I have been working hard on training for my marathon which made it possible for me to just decide on a whim to run 13.1 miles. I was supposed to do 12miles that day but I thought well what's one more mile? Especially in a crowd and with the excitement of it being a race I knew I could do it. It was a great morning for it...got a lil hot and humid near the end but overrall awesome! 




 Hot firefighters were also handing our charms out at the end so that helped. These stairs I had to walk up afterwards were not so helpful. I likely could have taken an elevator but I was just focused on getting to my car the same way I got to the start and not get lost. 


 I also knew I needed to hurry because we were meeting my cousins and their kids and my parents at the Como Zoo :)






 After the Zoo we went to Como Pool with them and we redeemed our free family pass from the library. Have I mentioned how much I love the library and the summer reading program? Free Fair, free pool...all for reading :) Of course the pictures are on Chris' phone but there are some cute ones so I will work hard to get them here! After the pool we got ice cream from Nelson's and we went here for a particular reason. My cousin is ALWAYS looking for a food challenge...


 Nelson's gives ridiculously huge servings as it is and their challenge is outrageous. It is called The LumberJack. It is 5 scoops and their scoops are not to be joked around with. This picture above doesn't do it justice and was after my cousin had been eating it. He couldn't finish it but I helped him get close! He blamed it on his ice cream choices...he picked ones that were way to sweet and full of candy. But delicious nonetheless. 
Me and my girl enjoying ice cream on this sunny fabulous day :)
We ended the night at my parents house for pizza (just a lil), visiting, movie night for the kiddoes and also a sleepover. Linnea actually made it all night in bed with my cousins daughter. I was very surprised because they don't see each other that often but they definitely clicked and played very well together.  Harper and I were on the Hid-a-bed.

1 comment:

mack said...

Great Job!!!! "13.1 on a whim" - only you! Where are the Pictures of the hot fire fighters? ;-)