Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Triathlon

Chris and I squeezed another date in in August! We sent the girls to my parents for the weekend where they had a ball playing, swimming, picking flowers and just spending time together. they stayed there Friday and Saturday and came home Sunday evening after chris and I's football draft. We had rootbeer floats together too. It was nice to have some time for just Chris and I and get some cleaning/organizing and childless errands done :) And I also did my first triathlon which I LOVED! I will be doing more once I complete my next two marathons. 

Adult milkshake at Ward 6 in East St. Paul. Delicious! I had salted nutroll but must go back and try more!


Here we are before the TRI...it was at Lake Phalen and I think the weather was perfect for it. 
A half mile swim (basically across the lake), 15k bike along Wheelock Parkway basically from Lake Phalen to Como Lake and back,  and a 5k run around the lake. 



WE DID IT! It was great. The swim was definitely hardest for me because I just never do it. I have no correct form I just make it up but I did it so Im happy!

It is important to embrace spandex during a tri...this was the most I had ever worn since my ski racing days :)

No comments: