Monday, September 15, 2014

State Fair Anniversary

I went back and forth about heading to the MN State Fair this summer but then Linnea won 6 tickets in the library program so off we went...We shared out tix with my parents and then my cousins when they were here for a visit :)


Here we are on the bus on the way there and then watching a parade for a little while upon arrival :) We went in the afternoon on a Tuesday so I could go with both my parents. We are so lucky they live close and like to be adventurous with me :) I would have taken them myself since we got the free tix but this way I had adults to chat with and help with the kiddoes :)


 After the parade our next stop was Little Farm Hands. Both girls loved it this year. Harper happily allowed us to put the apron on which surprised me and then she walked in like she owned the place with her bucket.

 Linnea could finally reach the pedals this year and zoomed around the tractor on her own. Harper LOVED being pushed on it.


 They "planted" some seeds, fed some "animals" and headed out of the activity where they got a free healthy snack and they were giving away free dippin dots. 


Then we went to the Family Park where there was a fun concert going on and we met our friends there. The girls had a great time dancing! My dad and I shared a smores beer as well. I had an ADORABLE video of Harper dancing but it got deleted somehow :(


 Alphabet Farm was our next stop and then....


The BIG YELLOW SLIDE! I took both girls on it! First Harper, then Linnea went with papa and loved it even though she thought she wouldnt so I took her again :) What a fun ride :)


After all that activity it was time to eat...we had to get our usual Australian Fries. I love going with people who will eat these with me. The serving is ridiculous and they are sooo bad for you so it's a bonus to go with my parents or anyone who eats them too.

We then went to the Miracle of Birth building and saw a bunch of baby animals. That lil calf was only 3 hours old :) The lil lambs were maybe a day or less as well. Linnea was very interested in this building :)


 We stopped at the DNR building too and saw some huge fish and walked through the "forest."


 One of our final stops was the Dairy Barn for our favorite ice cream :) And someone found an egg to sit in.


The Meyers girls LOVE their ice cream! 


My last treat was the one new thing to try...deep fried buckeyes. They were extremely peanut buttery and delicious! I always like to try at least one of the new foods with my usual Australian fries and ice cream. 


My parents and I also shared some pronto pups and I got some mini donuts from my friend too :) It was a very fun trip...we made it very kid oriented and if I had more time and money I would have loved to go back with friends or just Chris and try more foods (such as the pretzel cheese curds and deep fried waffle ice cream sandwich) and go through some of the buildings but this was still a perfect afternoon into evening. We were there about 6 hours...thank goodness for the double stroller I borrowed from a friend :) Linnea may have been more excited about that stroller ride than the fair. 

No comments: