Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hot Sunday





Sunday morning Linnea headed down to the Mississippi River in hopes of seeing our friend Pat and Megan kayaking. They were doing the The Mississippi River Challenge which entailed canoeing or kayaking the Mighty Mississippi from Coon Rapids to the Cottage Grove Area. I think it was about 44 miles in two days! Two HOT days! They made it and had so much fun! I wish we had got there earlier to see them but when you keep Linnea up til about 10pm she sometimes wants to sleep until almost 10am! We still enjoyed seeing the other participants and walking in the heat along the river. We both had popsicles to cool off upon returning home and played inside for a while before lunch and nap. I promised L we could have some ice cream with GG after supper later when she woke up. She liked that idea and went right to sleep. When she woke up she right away said, ice cream with GG now mommy?? I said after supper. So that is what we did. I forgot to say that when I found my keys, Linnea right away said, we can go to GG's now!!! She is so cute and observant. She remembered we could not go anywhere the other day because I coudnt find my keys.

No comments: