Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Music and Camping

Saturday morning was another scorcher. I went running while it was still a little cooler and Linnea was sleeping. She likes to go in the jogger but when it is sooo hot I worry about her and myself! It is a lot harder to push that jogger than just run alone! SO I tried to go before she woke up. Apparently she woke up about 15 minutes after I left so Chris had to entertain her for a little while. Usually no big deal but he still didn't feel the greatest. But they both survived! I quick took a shower and got Linnea and I ready to go to the Central Library in Downtown St. Paul. We had never been to this library before but every Saturday they do something fun for families. This Saturday looked particularly fun because it was a music show put on by Common Chord which we had seen at a different library another time. They really get the kids involved and it's a lot fun! We made it home after getting some medicine for daddy and had some lunch and Linnea laid down for nap. When she woke up we quick packed up the car and waited for my cousin Tonja to arrive and then we drove out to visit my parents who were camping Ham Lake. It was quite hot so we spent just a little time looking at the campgrounds "petting zoo" and then got to their campsite and changed in to swimsuits to hit the lake before supper. We ate supper and were back in the lake after too. Linnea had quite the experience during our after supper dip in the lake...she was doing great pushing off the bottom of the lake and floating/swimming with her little tube. However she did too big of a push and ended up going headfirst underwater!!!! Thank goodness I was right there and pulled her up...she of course was very shook up and cried a lot ( I was shook up too) but we stayed in the water so she knew she could still swim and be okay. I didnt want her to be afraid of the water since she has always loved it! A storm was definitely brewing towards the end of our swim so we didnt get to have a campfire and smores. In fact we just headed back to the campsite and dried off, finished loading up the car and headed home as quick as we could! My parents ended up heading home that night too...their tent got drenched in the downpour that occured around 10pm. At least they got to camp on Friday night. They headed back to the campground to retrieve their things, have a picnic, fish and swim on Sunday.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. She went under but she got back in the saddle. And yes it really rained. Also I was so excited that Linnea knew what an Emu was!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that anonymous guy was Grandpa Keith! Guess I better get a google account...